Thursday, December 27, 2007

One Weary Night in Dubai

Ohh its Thursday night, a night where all the expats are waiting for. Sunset comes and the moonlight is calling, actually I just wanted to get out of the busy city of Dubai and take a long nice drive it sounded exotic and extra ordinary for me. So off I went just as I finish my work.

Once hit the road hearing the car engine efficiently working at a high speed with the tires hugging the pavement was enough to make me feel exited for the night. With the breeze and coldness of the night and the seemingly endless view of express highway extending in front of me, I knew it was going to be an unforgettable night.

A 45 minutes drive including a quick stop in a petrol pump to load some for the car and myself is just what I needed. Even we say we are in the Middle East a dessert place we can still see the greenest of both sides of the road and thanks for your highness Sheikh Zayed and for these were enough for me to feel rejuvenated.

The city where so far behind me and so my worries. Feeling free I rolled down my window to let the cool air comes to blow my hair and chill my cheeks. The fogs are so lovely it forms as what I intent it to be.

Now its time for me to look for a good nice spots, park the car at the roadside and there it was, a breathtaking view I awed by its beauty and magnificence that never fails to give me goose bumps.

After a long staring suddenly I whisper to myself I’ll see you again to the natural wonders of the world. I hoop at the back of the car take my camping bag and prepared it for sleeping.

Inside my tent, just lying down listening to the sound of silence that feels like music in my ears then suddenly not knowingly the time runs so fast and it was morning the sun was starting to shine, then I pack back my things hope into the car and drove into the highway with a minimum speed no longer in a hurry.

As Im reaching the city feels like Im awake again, I told myself reality here I am. I couldn’t help but smile though. I figured I may be back in the Busy City of Dubai but I have rich and wonderful experience on me.

No comments: